Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wow - where has the time gone...

So much has happened since the last time I updated my blog... 

My little girl was diagnosed with lesions in the white matter of her brain, a disorder called periventricular leukomalaysia (PVL).  We are still sorting through what all that means and how it will effect her and her future.  Needless to say, my blog has suffered but she has not.  My family continues to make me so very proud and excited to be alive. 

We will be traveling to Fort Worth in April to have another MRI of her brain to assure that the brain damage that she received in utero from this eschemia is not progressing but is instead a stable issue.  We continue to praise God that Samantha has a very slight case of PVL, though her initial MRI indicated a severe deformity.  Many of these children have both physical and cognitive impairments, but hers has only been slightly physical.  Many kids with PVL develop CP, but she has not had any tightening at all and continues to improve. 

I will do my best to continue to produce creatively and post here when possible.  :)

No comments: